Wednesday, February 24, 2010

LOVE THIN CRUST NY PIZZA ?? LOOK NO FURTHER !!

If you LOVE crispy buttery thin crust pizza-- then you HAVE to try TOMATO PIE in silverlake. Since I now live in the silverlake area, I was looking for a good pizza place and all the yelpers seem to be raving about TOMATO PIE-- so of course I had to try it !! they have numerous "gourmet pizzas" but their "house special" is their "tomoato pie" pizza. this is the one I'm going to focus on. it is a thin square of perfectly crisp crust, an aromatic blend of oregano and basil mixed into their rich tomato sauce and a sprinkling of parm on top. that's it-- all for about $2.00 a slice !! once I tasted this little slice of heaven-- I knew if it could taste this cood plain-- it could probably taste even BETTER with mozzarella and pepperoni on top-- so I ordered these toppings for another buck. The only time I have ever had a thin crust square of crispy buttery pizza goodness this fantastic was when barone's pizza was around. they had locations in burbank and in sherman oaks, so when I was working at disney (in burbank) and living next to the galleria (in sherman oaks)-- this was definitely my fave little pizza joint. sadly barone's closed a few yeara back and I have been longing to find a decent replacement (other than pizza hut's thin crust" pepperoni pizza). if you ever want a great slice of $2-$3 thin crust pizza followed by a gorgeous 2 mile long walk around the lake in "silverlake"-- then this is the palce to go. located on hyperion in the heart of silverlake. :)LW

No comments:

Post a Comment